Nutritional Values ( Per 100 gm)
- Calories: 534 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 28.88 grams
- Protein: 18.29 grams
- Fat: 42.16 grams
- Saturated fat: 3.7 grams
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.53 grams
- Polyunsaturated fat: 28.73 grams (including omega-3 fatty acids)
- Fiber: 27.3 grams
Some Points :-
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Flax seeds are an excellent plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). These essential fatty acids play a crucial role in supporting heart health, reducing inflammation, and promoting brain function.
- High in Fiber: Flax seeds are a great source of dietary fiber, including both soluble and insoluble fiber. This fiber content helps promote healthy digestion, prevent constipation, and support overall gut health.
- Potential Cholesterol-Lowering Effects: The soluble fiber in flax seeds has been shown to help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Consuming flax seeds regularly may help reduce the risk of heart disease by improving cholesterol profiles.
- Supports Hormonal Balance: Flax seeds contain lignans, which are plant compounds with estrogenic properties. These lignans may help balance hormone levels in the body, particularly in postmenopausal women, potentially reducing the risk of hormone-related conditions.
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties: Flax seeds are rich in antioxidants, including lignans and vitamin E. These antioxidants help fight oxidative stress and inflammation in the body, contributing to overall health and potentially reducing the risk of chronic diseases.